'A portrait a week of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015'
Yep. Drinking soup. I wish I would have gotten the stuffing of the face with Kale. Priceless. Dinner started with 'I don't like this soup! I don't like carrots! I only like meatballs! I don't like Kale!' And ended like this. So strong willed, I love it!
The soup is a Paleo Polish Soup recipe that's become a staple around the house. So much flavor and SO good!
Paleo Polish Soup
1. Cook and stir onion in olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add chorizo and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for another 3 minutes.
2. Add celery and carrots; continue stirring and cooking until vegetables have softened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add cumin, paprika, turmeric, kosher salt, ground black pepper, saffron threads, and garlic. Cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and slightly soft, 3 more minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add kale and cook until vegetables are soft and the kale is wilted and cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
4. Stir in lemon juice; adjust salt and ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with harissa and parsley.
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
• 3 stalks celery, diced
• 3 carrots, diced
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pinch saffron threads
• 5 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 32 ounces chicken broth
• 4 cups lacinato (dinosaur) kale - washed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
• 1 lemon, juiced
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 pinch harissa, or to taste(optional)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, or to taste(optional)