Whoa - 2014!!! Slow down already!
I have a head full of goals, a 'liked' bloglovin' page of inspiration and a schedule that is still spinning our heads! I think it may be time for a list. I've been reading a lot of other lists lately and feel like it's about time to make my own.
Since we work in the entertainment and media industry - the holidays are almost always our busiest time of the year and 2013 was no exception. After brainstorming this is what I would like to work on this year:
1. Read, READ, read. I love to read, always have. I now have a reminder on my phone to read for at least 30 minutes everyday. Turns out I missed it more than I thought! I've already crushed a couple books and started in on another. Suggestions??
2. Learn ProTools - I mean really - learn ProTools. I will be teaching a course at UC in the Summer and I am always looking for a quicker more efficient way to work. This may be the ticket!
3. Work on developing my freelance business.
4. Finish my Doula certification and attend at least 4 more births before the end of the year. This is trickier than you would think!
5. Be more patient. Much, much more patient. With myself, Soren and Rick. We could use a more patient momma in our household.
6. Give myself permission for change. Permissions to be different, do something different and follow new paths.
This last one I have always struggled with. I've become accustomed to setting goals, more like standards and sticking to them. Not allowing myself to move outside of them - boldly. I dream, think, aspire and even plan - but it's time to follow through.
Soren is growing a mile a minute and starts pre-school this year. Rick and I have loads of projects planned out for this year - 2014 will be a crazy, fun and wonderful year.