2012 Book List - Keeps it simple...I think - concise is good.
So my dad did Rick and I a HUGE favor a couple Xmas' ago and snagged us a his
and hers e-readers. You know - the Kindle:
So I am FINALLY getting around to using this for something other than recipes and have now dedicated my free time to some great literature. To start, is a one- ten list I hope to complete in the next 3 months - and then another: ten-twenty. So far, so good - already almost completed Fahrenheit 451 - SO GOOD!! I
highly recommend this classic, especially if you are getting back in the habit of reading - most apropos. Well here it is, drum roll.... the list
1. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
2. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
3. Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut
4. The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie 5. Hard Times by Charles Dickens
6. 1984 by George Orwell
7. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. Last Words by George Carlin
9. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway 10. What is What by Dave Eggers
Ok, so I know some of these are not near old enough to be 'classics' per-say but I mean, come on! George Carlin - he must be on the list. And if you have ever encountered a lecture with Salman Rushdie, Satanic Verses would go on a to-read list in a heart beat...and speaking of heart, Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius immediately places Dave Eggers in a one-ten reading list.
So there it is - a start to what I hope is a return to my obsession with literature. Join in! Let me know what you think!